Regulatory Compliance Intern (m/f)
As part of the strengthening of its Compliance department, ING Luxembourg is offering a contractual internship to be filled from September 2022 for a minimum of 6 months within its Compliance team.
The Compliance department's mission is to protect the Bank from potential legal sanctions, financial losses or damage to its image that could result from non-compliance with regulatory standards (particularly in the fight against money laundering) or ethical standards in force.
As Regulatory Compliance Intern:
- You support the execution of activities aimed at mitigating the Compliance risks under your remit;
- You support for: advisory activities (both client (segment)/deal-related and in relation to underlying processes), training, awareness & communication, and Compliance oversight including monitoring & reporting on regulatory related risks;
- You support for the roll-out, execution, uniformity, and follow-ups of the risk-specific Risk Assessments to your country;
- You support the Compliance QA team to execute the KCTs and challenge the 1st line KCTs, acting as a Subject Matter Expert where needed;
- You identify, execute, monitor, and report on local culture initiatives.
Your work environment
- The regulatory team works together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform its job.
- The team is working with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment that provides a global overview on how the relevant regulatory requirements and controls are embedded within the business at the local level.
- The regulatory team provides an opportunity to manage relationships with external stakeholders, regulators, and supervisory institutions.
Knowledge and experience:
- Master in economics/finance
- Financial Luxembourgish knowledge
- Pro-active and solutions focused
- Team-oriented person
- Rigorous and critical scepticism
- Sense of responsibility and autonomy
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Fluent English and French is a must have
Your working environment
With over 900 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice.
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.