Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 380 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, New York, and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end-to-end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation, and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
To work from our office in Kirchberg we are recruiting a:
Experienced Lawyer – Regulated Investment Funds
Arendt is one of the leading legal teams worldwide specializing in UCITS funds. As the successful candidate, you will advise on the structuring and launch of UCITS funds, in particular: complex alternative UCITS, but also on AIFs, primarily in liquid asset classes. Additionally, you will provide support to an array of top-tier international clients regarding day-to-day operations and restructuring of these funds.
- Work on the setting up of funds and on sub-fund launches (both regulated and unregulated), as well as on the eligibility analysis and structuring of the funds’ underlying investments
- Be involved in advising on the most suitable investment structure for the clients as well as in the drafting of offering documents, constitutional documents, and review/negotiation of agreements with service providers (depositary, fund administrator, Management Company/AIFM, investment managers, etc.)
- Prepare the submission of the files to the national (Luxembourgish CSSF) and international authorities as well as subsequent follow-up on the submissions to obtain the approval on the proposed documentation
- Act as a trusted advisor and main day-to-day contact for the client, organizing and participating in meetings and conference calls
- Advise clients on any requests related to the day-to-day legal and compliance issues and corporate life of the relevant vehicles after their launch
- Participate in internal and external working groups to develop in-depth expertise on specific areas of focus, give advice to clients in relation to forthcoming changes in legislation, and assist them in adjusting their activities
- Visit clients (Asset Managers/Banks) in order to develop and strengthen business relationships
- Develop a team of younger associates within the pool and be involved in organizing their work and facilitating the sharing of knowledge
- Develop links to the other practice areas and broader One Arendt network to leverage the unique “full spectrum” offering of the Arendt group encompassing legal advice, regulatory compliance, and fund administration services.
- You hold a master’s degree in law (or equivalent), preferably completed by an LL.M.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience within the field of investment funds or asset managers
- You have a perfect command of English both written and spoken
- You have excellent analytical skills, are open-minded, dynamic, flexible, well-organized and able to work in an autonomous manner
- You are keen to learn and develop in an international environment.
- Excellent internal training and career development
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A challenging role within a renowned organisation;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.