The POSITION | About YOU: We are looking for a Senior Business Developer for our business-to-business software-as-a-service products. You will be leading the way to identify rising business opportunities around bank compliance, payments, KYC, and other digitisation/API products for the financial industry, develop partnerships and build strong long-term relationships with prospects and existing clients to generate new leads for the company and help it grow. You will be responsible for setting strategic directions for business development. You should have strong consulting skills and be able to build lasting relationships with clients, partners, and other company departments to define viable approaches in line with relevant industry standards and best practices. You will also be in charge of liaising with product management, tech and ops teams. We expect you to bring energy and passion to the role that inspires those in the department working with you and within the wider company.
A solid experience of digital B2B/SaaS product marketing and commercialisation would be helpful. A genuine interest and relevant experience with digital KYC, bank payment processes and/or API/FinTech features would also be considered an asset for the position.
The COMPANY | About US: Finologee (www.finologee.com) is one of Luxembourg’s leading digital finance platform operators. The company facilitates the financial industry’s quest for optimisation and innovation with its compliant platforms and APIs for bank compliance (PSD2 for Banks & CEDRS), mobile payments and telecom routing (Digicash & Mpulse), professional payments (ENPAY) and KYC/AML (KYC Manager & Digital Onboarding). Finologee serves more than 100 banks and institutions, handling 25 million transactions a year on their behalf. Placing user experience, technology and compliance at the core of the business, Finologee’s founders have been blazing a trail for FinTech ‘made in Luxembourg’ since 2006. With a staff of 38, the company is ISO 27001 certified and is operating as a regulated financial services professional under a ‘Support PFS’ licence granted by the Ministry of Finance.
More about what it means to work at Finologee: http://jobs.finologee.com
With us you will…
- Achieving sales targets through effective business development tasksby demonstrating a constant driveto go beyond past performance and visibly demonstrate track record-beating performance when it comes to achieving financial targets via cross-selling and upselling, and ability to generate sales leads, effectively negotiate, and close transactions.
- Proactively scout for new business opportunities in the market: organise market analyses and benchmarks, collect as much information as possible about market leads, key problems, and a need to have a solution. Work side by side with other departments (dev, ops and product management) to build a competitive position in the market. Be accountable for marketing and sales efforts and strategies for all the company’s products and platforms.
- Developing & maintaining strong Client Relationships through advices, constant communication, proactive measures, sharing knowledge, understanding their needs, and providing consistent high-quality services.
- Coordinate the company’s partner network, identify and assess partners at business, technical and compliance levels (with the help of other departments), lead negotiations, monitor and cultivate relations over time, to generate new leads for the company.
What we expect from you…
- At least 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in B2B software product Business Development – senior position, preferably in digital finance, or alternatively in other digital B2B product/SaaS contexts
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and the highest degree of effectiveness while engaging in sales management, relationship management, and account management across the various domains: KYC, payments, bank compliance, and others.
- Demonstrate business development and consultative selling skills with results-orientation to meet/exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- A good understanding of modern business applications/interface design and architecture as well as of the benefits and challenges of a SaaS infrastructure and FinTech/RegTech platform value proposition
- A solid knowledge in at least one of the core areas we address with our platforms (KYC/AML processes, professional/bank payment connectivity, mobile payments, FinTech/RegTech APIs …)
- Languages: good command of Englishand French, solid writing skills
- Education: a university degree in business, engineering/IT or other
- Desire to work in a fast-paced innovation-driven company, working with the company’s founders, with a genuine accountability for tasks and projects
- Being a European Union citizen or having a valid work permit for Luxembourg
In return you will get…
- A position where you will play an active role in a variety of steps and contexts of digital product building for the financial industry, from the concept to delivery and operations, where you can truly make a difference
- The opportunity to become a part of one of the prime FinTech teams in Luxembourg, with highly-skilled industry experts, led by entrepreneurs that have been shaping successful digital finance products and building ecosystems for more than 20 years
- The opportunity to be part of a multicultural and startup-minded team
- A nice place to work: spacious and modern offices located in the Leudelange business district, close to Luxembourg-City with easy access by bus or car.
Should you not hear from us within 8 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. For more information, please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
People are at the very heart of our corporate culture, thus we believe in handling their recruitment ourselves. We do not deal with recruitment or staffing agencies, so please refrain from enquiring if you are one.