Arendt Investor Services, which is part of Arendt & Medernach, the largest law firm in Luxembourg, is regulated by the Luxembourg supervisory authority (CSSF – Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier) and operates under the status of Professional of Financial Sector (“PSF”).
Arendt Investor Services offers a wide range of services, such as domiciliation, corporate secretarial and accounting services, fund services, directorship of companies, tax-compliance services and assistance in the winding-up of companies.
As a result of the continuous increase in our activities, we are currently looking for a:
Junior Officer – Fund Accounting PE/RE
As a Junior Fund Accountant in the Fund Accounting & Transfer Agency department, your role will encompass all facets of the calculation of net asset values on a variety of complex PERE (Private Equity/Real Estate) funds. This is a challenging and rewarding role which provides exposure to all elements of a PERE fund’s accounting processes and life cycle. Working with other members of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Accounting of PERE funds which hold a diverse portfolio of investments. This involve being responsible for keeping books and records and for timely and accurate recording of transactions;
- Calculation of net asset value of funds on a quarterly/semi-annual and annual basis which will include the preparation of reporting packs under LUXGAAP (some under IFRS or USGAAP);
- Book keeping for complex structures and record filing;
- Reporting to and communicating with investment managers and other relevant parties;
- Assist in the preparation/review of financial statements for audit purposes;
- Liaise with external parties such as Investment Managers, auditors, banks or regulatory bodies;
- Understanding complex fund structures and accounting treatment of the related transactions;
- Taking ownership for all elements of a funds reporting cycle from review and interpretation of fund governing documentation, through to day to day accounting tasks, the production of quarterly/semi-annual reporting and net asset values and annual financial statements;
- Calculation of tax/VAT reporting;
- Preparation of needed reporting (client, BCL, CSSF);
- Ensure adequate and timely responses to clients’ requests.
- You hold an accounting, business or mathematical qualification university with solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles;
- You have between 1 and 3 years of experience related to PERE funds (preferably within asset management groups in Luxembourg);
- You have a knowledge of the regulations pertaining to Alternative funds such as RAIF and of AIFM regulation;
- You have a knowledge of various accounting standards and principals (LUXGAAP, IFRS, USGAAP);
- You are fluent in English, proficiency in French or German will be considered as an asset;
- You are able to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with the Fund Accounting team and other internal Departments and Third Parties;
- You can demonstrate analytical skills.
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings (technical or soft skills) and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.