Legal Advisor – Full time (f/m)
Veröffentlicht am 15/05/2023
Amundi Luxembourg S.A.
Amundi is Europe’s largest asset manager by assets under management and ranks in the top 10 globally. Thanks to the integration of Pioneer Investments, it now manages over 1,729 billion euros of assets across six main investment hubs. Amundi offers its clients in Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the Americas a wealth of market expertise and a full range of capabilities across the active, passive and real assets investment universes. Headquartered in Paris, and listed since November 2015, Amundi is the first asset manager in Europe by market capitalization and the fifth globally.
Leveraging the benefits of its increased scope and size, Amundi has the ability to offer new and enhanced services and tools to its clients. Thanks to its unique research capabilities and the skills of 5,000 team members and market experts based in 37 countries, Amundi provides retail, institutional and corporate clients with innovative investment strategies and solutions tailored to their needs, targeted outcomes and risk profiles.
Amundi Luxembourg is recruiting for its Legal Department a:
Legal Advisor – Full time (f/m)
In this role:
Within the Legal department, you will have the following main responsibilities:
- Ensure the creation and monitoring of investment funds, by setting up the necessary legal documentation and obtaining the required authorizations, taking into account applicable regulations and operational needs ;
- Develop and maintain a registration status for the range of investment funds in the various marketing countries ;
- Drafting and administering contracts related to investments funds ;
- Cooperate on cross-functional and international cases with the other lawyers in the Legal Business Line;
- Participate in general legal assistance according to the company’s internal needs.
Duties and responsibilities
In support of more experienced lawyers and, depending on the progress within the team, in autonomy on the least complex projects:
1. Creation and monitoring of UCIs, implementation of amendment projects, registration with foreign authorities, regulatory monitoring:
- preparation, drafting and /or modification / revision of legal documents relating to investment funds, on the occasion of various related events (creation of the SICAV / sub-funds / funds, merger, liquidation, change of policy , commission, etc.), taking into account the operational needs and regulations applicable at both the country of origin and the future marketing countries
- monitoring of files submitted to the Luxembourg supervisory authorities with a view to obtaining the required approvals
- Active participation in the operational start of the events, in contact and collaboration with the operational services, if necessary the other legal services of the group, and the providers concerned
- Establishment and follow-up of initial or subsequent files relating to an application for marketing authorization to foreign authorities
2. Drafting and administration of contracts:
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements in accordance with the Group's standards, the legal and organizational specificities of the client (if applicable) and the Luxembourg or local regulations relating thereto
- Participation in the qualitative evolution of contract models in relation with other lawyers in the Legal Business Line.
3. General assistance:
- Conduct of legal studies and / or contribution to projects carried out in response to internal needs or customer files (extension of authorized fields of activity approved by the authorities, calls for tenders, commercial proposals, review of commercial documentation, etc.)
- Follow-up of disputes or incidents, in liaison with specialized internal legal and operational teams and / or mandated law firms
- Development and updating of procedures.
- Contribution to the social life of the funds: AGE, AGO, resolution of the council, contact with the auditors, revision of the reports, LFR, etc.
- Management of procedures and services related to the listing of funds in Luxembourg
- Assistance in finding practical solutions to legal risks related to the company's activities
- Contribution to the awareness of the operational staff of the legislative and regulatory provisions applicable to fixtures and conventions, as well as their evolutions
- Follow-up of the regulatory watch and study of foreign regulations for analysis of local conditions and constraints (eg marketing conditions in the possible formats)
- Development and updating of regulatory databases
- Participation in internal or local working groups in the context of regulatory developments and related
- Educational background Bac + 4/5 in Law (Business law, Private law)
- Required knowledge of contracts law, company law and commercial law
- Knowledge of financial instruments and investment services
- Fluency in French and English, any other language would be an asset
- Curiosity and taste for investigation and monitoring
- Good personal relationship skills to interact at all levels efficiently and ability to work in a team environment
- Writing skills and pedagogy to make legal texts understandable and intelligible to non-lawyers;
- Strong argumentation and conviction;
- Rigour and pro-active and ability to work under pressure and problem solving
- Analytical and synthetic mind-set, accountable and reliable with strong organizational skills
- IT skills : Excel, PowerPoint
If you are interested in a challenging job at a dynamic international company, do not hesitate to send us your English application (detailed curriculum vitae and motivation letter).