Amazon is looking for a talented lawyer to support our European Operations Team. This is an exciting position in a complex and evolving area. You will lead the analysis of safe storage, transport and circular economy legislation, considering upcoming legislation and new technologies. You will lead on these matters across Europe, coordinating with lawyers throughout the world. Finally, you will partner with Amazon's storage, dangerous goods and transport teams to develop and implement systems and initiatives that make Amazon the safest store on earth.
The position is based in Luxembourg. Some domestic and international travel will be required.
Key job responsibilities
- Provide strategic safety advice for existing and new businesses launches.
- Advise business leaders and internal safety teams on emerging dangerous goods, storage and circular economy laws across Europe.
- Work with our public policy team on upcoming legislation.
- Resolve issues that arise during regulatory interactions.
- Develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways.
- Build processes that mitigate risk, yet allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
- 2+ years post-qualification legal experience as a minimum.
- Fluent English language skills, both spoken and written.
- Licensed to practice and in good standing with strong academic credentials.
- Knowledge of the EU regulatory framework.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of German, Italian, French or Spanish Languages is a plus.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.