Junior AML/KYC Officer (101816) (F/M)
The Pictet Group is one of the world’s leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented in 30 offices in financial centres worldwide, currently employing over 4600 people. Pictet has been present in Luxembourg since 1989 where it employs over 600 people.
FundPartner Solutions provides a full suite of fund administration and private label funds services. The global team of industry experts specialises in fund domiciliation, registration and governance, as well as risk compliance and investment management services.
Technology & Operations design and integrate software applications ranging from portfolio management systems, trading platforms to banking and corporate solutions. The division is responsible for some of the Group’s key innovations while sustaining business operations and developing custodian and funds administration services.
As Junior AML/KYC Officer of the TA/AML team, acting as ManCo of UCITS and AIF funds, you will be responsible for identifying investors using a risk-based approach during the account opening process including AML/KYC/tax documentation obtained taking into account regulations in force and any subsequent changes.
- Applying a risk-based approach within the first line of defence, taking account of the legislation in effect and internal directives (which requires knowledge of the specific structures) to determine an investor’s risk rating.
- Collecting, carrying out first-level analysis on and archiving all documentation relating to the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) diligence, including tax documentation (FATCA/CRS).
- Raising exceptions out of established standards by policies and procedures in effect and liaising with relevant stakeholders including the second line of defence (Compliance) and other subject matter experts.
- Acting as maker/checker starting with low risk to high risk and complex structures, depending on your learning curve
- Communicating with clients and investors on required documents as per defined checklists and ongoing process until account opening.
- Taking ownership of and driving change to existing processes in place to provide clients with the best experience.
- Providing regular KPIs on pending account openings.
- A Master's in Finance, Economics or Engineering.
- A first experience / internship, in the field of AML/KYC and/or a Compliance function
- Good knowledge of the funds industry and the different stakeholders involved.
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English. Application by English native speaker will be highly appreciated
- Meticulous, detail oriented and organized with highest quality deliveries.
- Dynamic, proactive in problem solving and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Continuously seeks to improve processes, including an ability to innovate and simplify.
- Team player and resistant to stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to meet deadlines, prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly and promptly to clients about required documents.
- Coping with a wide range of client requests promptly, while maintaining an exemplary sense of client service and applying a tailor-made approach.
Experience in the following would be a major advantage:
- At first experience working with the account opening process
- Knowledge of Luxembourg AML/KYC regulations; knowledge of the different roles in the investment fund industry (asset management, custodian bank, transfer agent and fund administration) as well as of the related regulatory framework.
- Any FATCA/CRS experience or knowledge.
- ACAMS certification or equivalent.
- Experience using AML tools (World-Check, Pythagoras, Factiva) and public sources (RBE, Signature.net).
We will not accept any CVs from agencies.
In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description.
Flexible and modern ways of working
As a responsible and supportive employer, we promote the well-being of our employees through a set of flexible working arrangements, ranging from a work-from-home policy for eligible functions to opportunities for annualised part-time leave and extended parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.