Master thesis - Benchmark / Comparison of Simulations-Software
Nowadays, the use of numerical simulation is essential in the field of mechanical engineering. Paul Wurth’s engineering department has to develop existing equipment but also new intelligent products with integrated mechanical functions, new materials and different boundary conditions. Stress analysis, thermal transfers, fluid flows and bulk material flow simulations are daily business challenges.
Paul Wurth is already doing Finite Element Modelling (FEM), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Discrete Element Modelling (DEM) with commonly used commercial software. Nevertheless, in order to stay up to date on new solutions, other software solutions should be evaluated and compared. In particular to investigate the coupling capacity between some physics, like DEM and CFD.
You will work as a part of the calculation tools team. If you are motivated in working in a team, learn and compare new numerical technologies, don’t hesitate to send your CV and motivation letter.
- Familiarize with software products that are currently in use
- Testing of comparable commercial products on the market
- Built 3D models for the benchmark study
- Comparing results, capability, license costs, handling, …
- Master studies in mechanical engineering
- Fluent in English and either French or German
- Basic knowledge in a 3D solid modelling software
- High degree of initiative and responsibility and willingness to fully invest yourself in the assigned projects.
Nice To Have:
Luxembourgish language skills.