Junior Accountant, Fund Accounting (m/f)
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Working in the Fund Administration in Luxembourg, you will be part of a team that is central to the success of our fund administration activities, with diverse responsibilities for the validation, maintenance, control of funds administered in Luxembourg.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Production of the NAV calculation
- Posting of all accounting entries
- Daily cash reconciliation with Custodians
- Monitoring of NAV fluctuation and control of outstanding items
- Year-end closings (control and review of accounts, closing of accounts) and fund events (merger, liquidation and similar events)
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Degree (University) in economics/business administration/accounting or Final secondary school examinations
- Some work experience in a similar position and environment and sound experience in fund accounting desirable
- Good knowledge of the securities / investment business, including derivative instruments, corporate actions and settlement is desirable
- Good knowledge of accounting principles in general and a numerical literate
- GP3 knowledge desirable, good command of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Very good teamwork and communication skills.
- A very good command of English is essential. Knowledge of German or French an advantage
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.