Reporting to the Finance Director EMEA, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the control of the accounting, the analyses on cost accounting and improves the procedures and processes of the company.
He has 3 direct reports.
Our client is an industrial company, based just outside Luxembourg city.
Here are the main responsibilities:
- Prepare the financial statements on a monthly basis including the Profit & Loss account, the Balance Sheet, the Cash flow statements and any other analyses of detail tables required by the Finance Director;
- Prepare the accounting part of the financial comments on a monthly basis;
- Perform analyses on cost accounting matters, on general accounts, Selling prices, key account customers;
- Provide the accounting and controls support for any specific request from the Finance Director;
- Propose new analyses to the Management Team;
- Control and unlock low profitability sales orders;
- Close contact with ERP in order to improve the system, install new applications/modules, maintain the database;
- Put in place and revise procedures and processes;
- Check the Capital Expenditures monthly;
- Work on other special projects (for instance, production transfer from one site to another one, fixed assets, improvement of inventory count, …);
- Assist Supply Chain Management and R&D for improvement of existing processes and corrective actions;
- Yearly calculate the year-end rebates for the customers;
- Perform all other additional projects and duties as assigned by management.
- University degree in Finance
- 5+ years' experience as Accounting Manager in a manufacturing industry
- First part of career within the audit department of a Big4 is a plus
- International experience in Accounting/knowledge of US Gaap is a strong asset
- Strong management skills
- Good analytical mind
- Fluent in both French and English
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in implementing ERP and/or good overview of an integrated system
- Ability to see the overall picture
- Proficient at developing relationships with employees, pears, and external consultants
Challenging and long term project, with possibility to grow in the future