SENIOR ACCOUNTANT LEADER (M/F)
You will be part of a global Finance community, while working in a young and talented team. As part of an international team, you will work closely with and support multinational teams in the day to day accounting, as well as in various projects. You will report to the Accounting and Tax Manager, and will also have regular contacts with the management of the group.
- Support the team in the month end and annual closing;
- Coordinate and lead the audit process;
- Support submission of the Luxembourg tax returns;
- Analysis and pro-active monitoring of the position of the holding companies;
- Support the local accounting manager on the daily management of the accounting team;
- Put in place and revise processes and procedures;
- Communicate with other departments, such as HR, Credit, Master data and accounting teams abroad;
- Perform all other additional projects and duties according to the needs of the company.
- We are looking for a Senior Accountant who has potential to grow further as the company and the team evolve and grow.
- To manage the accounting and finance positions of our holding companies;
- To manage the interactions with the external auditors;
- To get inspired in a fast growing environment, and be eager to participate in our path to the finance function of the future;
- To combine analytical skills with a savviness for accounting processes;
- To support change projects throughout the organisation;
- To coach peers in their day to day job and their long term career;
- To protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential;
- To communicate in a transparent and professional manner with finance teams located in other countries; various stakeholders (eg. manage the external audit teams, manage tax audits, etc.) and internal clients.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Master Degree within Finance;
- Proven experience (+10 years) as a financial controller or senior accountant in an international organisation. First part of career in an audit function is a plus;
- Experience with general ledger functions, the month-end/year-end close process, tax declarations and the annual audit;
- Good communication skills and enjoying personal contacts;
- Hands-on experience with ERP and Accounting tools;
- Experience in coaching a team is a plus.
- You recognize yourself in the core values the company : Entrepreneurship, Human focus, Professionalism and Humility;
- Ability to see the overall picture;
- Proficient at developing relationships with employees, peers and external consultants;
- A good motivator and team player with strong communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures;
- Ability to work well independently and within deadlines;
- Well organised and punctual.
- Fluent knowledge of English and French is required, both verbal and written.
- Other European language skills are considered as an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables.
Is a privately owned "family company" in the truest sense of the word. It has grown from a small Belgian team to an international group of over 7 000 employees. The company offers a multicultural environment where they promote diversity, talent and ideas. They offer a competitive basic salary supplemented with fringe benefits, as they think work/life balance is important in everyone's life, and also have flexible working hours. The work location would be Luxembourg. Due to the close connection with the teams in Belgium, you will spend 1-2 days a month in Belgium. Occasional business trips to other countries are also possible.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.