Senior Legal Counsel – Investment Funds Platform #212286
Your field of responsibility
You will be supporting our Asset Servicing (ex. custody services) and Asset Management business in Luxembourg as part of our General Counsel function. You will be (i) advising on legal and regulatory aspects relating to the central administration function, including matters around outsourcing and data management, (ii) advising on legal and regulatory aspects of products, transactions, discretionary asset management relations and business projects relating to our Luxembourg fund structuring, investor services and asset management franchise, including branch offices abroad and taking responsibility for the legal risk management in this regard, (iii) providing internal legal opinions and advice on all Luxembourg investment fund-related legal matters such as new product launches, lifecycle management and fund transactional work across all asset classes, cross-border marketing into the EU and worldwide of those vehicles as well as discretionary asset management agreements and legal support of local management of the Luxembourg entities (iv) participating in regional as well as global legal and regulatory initiatives (v) collaboration opportunities with multiple internal stakeholders, including compliance, tax, bank regulatory, accounting and operations teams across international Credit Suisse locations (vi) advising on legal and regulatory developments (vii) coordination and interaction with internal stakeholders, audit firms and local and international law firms.
Your future colleagues
As a small team, we are operating in a fast-paced environment. Therefore, we are looking for a dedicated team member with a high amount of flexibility to complement our forward-thinking and committed team, whose passion and specific expertise guarantee an exciting working environment. We are a department, which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our global cultural value
Your skills and experience
We are looking for
- Qualification as a lawyer
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the Luxembourg fund industry, at a Luxembourg law firm or as in-house counsel
- Experience in the day-to-day operations of Luxembourg central administrations is a must
- Experience in the day-to-day operations of Luxembourg-based investment funds, management company and alternative investment fund manager, knowledge of MiFID, as well as other fund domiciles would be an advantage
- Fluency in English is a must, excellent knowledge of German and/or French will be an advantage
- Control and challenge mind-set
- First class organizational skills with excellent attention to detail, a motivated pro-active approach and solid analytical skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills for developing relationships with internal stakeholders and managing complex projects
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges; ability to work independently and efficiently under time constraints
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.