Junior Lawyer - Banking, Insurance & Financial Services (m/f)
Veröffentlicht am 04/06/2023
Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 380 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
In view of the ongoing development of our firm and our services, we are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Junior Lawyer (m/f)
Banking, Insurance & Financial Services
- You will advise leading credit institutions, investment firms, insurance and reinsurance undertakings, electronic money and payment institutions, FinTechs and RegTechs and other professionals of the financial and insurance sectors on cutting-edge regulatory, commercial and contract law matters relevant to their businesses, both local and cross-border;
- You will be involved in global banking, insurance and financial services M&A deals and restructurings;
- You will conceive legal memoranda and opinions on critical banking, insurance and financial services matters;
- You will review, advise on and draft sophisticated banking, insurance and financial services contracts, procedures and policies;
- You will participate in the preparation and filing of high-profile and intricate regulatory license applications and notifications, in direct contact and cooperation with the Luxembourg supervisory authorities;
- You will deal with high-stakes local and international litigation and enforcement proceedings;
- You will assist in strategic assessments of complex criminal and regulatory investigations;
- You will advise on innovative FinTech and RegTech matters;
- You will devise internal and external trainings on ground-breaking regulatory developments.
- You have a strong academic record (M2 from France, Belgium or Luxembourg) covering civil and commercial law; a specialization in financial services regulation or insurance or banking law is considered an asset;
- You are already qualified or planning to register for the Bar, preferably in Luxembourg;
- Any previous experience in the banking, insurance or financial services sector is considered an asset;
- You are proficient in English and French, both spoken and written. Fluency in German and/or Luxembourgish is considered an asset;
- You have excellent legal writing and analytical skills;
- You have excellent communication and argumentation skills;
- You are rigorous, conscientious and committed to producing high quality work;
- You are passionate about practicing law and eager to work as a team player in a challenging international professional setting.
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work and continuous learning;
- A challenging role within a renowned organization;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- A tutoring scheme, internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in becoming part of our Banking & Financial Services team, we are looking forward to receiving your application.