Arendt Services, which is part of Arendt & Medernach, the largest law firm in Luxembourg, is regulated by the Luxembourg supervisory authority (CSSF – Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier) and operates under the status of Professional of Financial Sector (“PSF”).
Arendt Services offers a wide range of services, such as domiciliation, corporate secretarial and accounting services, fund services, directorship of companies, tax-compliance services and assistance in the winding-up of companies.
To be based in our Luxembourg office, we are looking for a:
Internship – Fund Accounting
As a Trainee Fund Accountant in the FATA department, your role will encompass all facets of the calculation of net asset values on a variety of complex PERE (Private Equity/Real Estate) funds. This is a challenging and rewarding role, which provides exposure to all elements of a PERE fund’s accounting processes and life cycle. Working with other members of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the accounting of PERE funds which hold a diverse portfolio of investments;
- Participate in the calculation of the net asset value of funds on a quarterly/semi-annual and annual basis which will include the preparation for reporting packs under LUXGAAP (some under IFRS or USGAAP);
- Day-to-day bookkeeping;
- Assist in the preparation/review of financial statements for audit purposes;
- Calculation of tax/VAT reporting;
- Preparation of needed reporting (client, BCL, CSSF);
- Ensure adequate and timely responses to clients’ requests;
- Various administrative tasks.
- You are studying a Bachelor or Master's degree in accounting, finance or business;
- Ideally, you have a first experience related to PERE funds (preferably within asset management groups in Luxembourg);
- You have a basic knowledge/show good interest of the regulations pertaining to Alternative funds such as RAIF and of AIFM regulation;
- You are fluent in English; any additional language is considered an asset;
- You are well organized and rigorous;
- You are able to prioritize workload and manage several tasks;
- You display a positive and enthusiastic attitude;
- You have knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.