Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 380 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
Given the ongoing development of our firm, we are currently recruiting a dedicated:
Experienced Lawyer / Advisor – European Law
- You will join our European law team, which provides a full range of EU Financial and Competition law services.
- Assist companies active in Luxembourg and abroad in all sectors of the financial industry, including public and international entities and authorities.
- Advise generally speaking on EU regulatory questions, including but not limited to, state aid and SGEIs, EU restrictive measures, public procurement, merger control as well as antitrust and competition matters.
- You will report directly to the partner in charge and, while working together with other experienced EU lawyers, will train less experienced lawyers within the team and organize the team’s work as well as supervise your assigned trainees.
- You hold a university degree in law, ideally completed by a post-graduate degree in EU law, Competition law, EU banking and financial law or any other relevant field.
- You have gained at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in the field of EU law (ideally dealing with matters such as state aid, competition, antitrust, merger control…).
- You have a perfect command of English and French, both with excellent written communication and legal drafting skills. Any other language (particularly German) is an asset.
- Knowledge of banking and financial law is a real asset.
- Any prior experience within a EU institution or body is an advantage.
- You are open-minded, self-driven, flexible, proactive and willing to join a dynamic environment.
- A permanent position and unique opportunity to work exclusively on EU matters within a law firm in Luxembourg.
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work.
- A challenging role within a renowned organisation.
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas.
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists.
- Great internal trainings offering and career development opportunities.
- A hybrid working environment offering flexibility and the possibility to work from home.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.