Software Development Engineer, SDE II, Maintenance Automation Platform
Veröffentlicht am 13/11/2022
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to support and maintain software solutions powering one of the world’s largest Reliability, Maintenance Engineering (RME) enterprises. The RME Automation team supports the business through the integration and development of higher level software systems, realizing an Industry 4.0 vision for the function. At a basic level, these systems link our low-level automation systems with the cloud and we work at the cutting edge of all aspects of the automation pyramid, from device level to the enterprise level. The more complex systems are leveraging Machine Learning and Big Data to drive predictive actions, preventing downtime or defects in the material handling equipment and improving the Overall Equipment Effectiveness of the installations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help support and shape the direction of automation and machine learning systems within one of the world’s largest fulfillment networks.
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You are a significant and autonomous contributor. Your work is consistently of high quality. You solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices.
- You maintain SLA’s through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting.
- Your focus is on a major portion of existing or new team technology implementation (e.g., large or significant component, new enabling technology or process). You work with your team to ensure the highest level of support for the tools that the team owns.
- You consider the legacy of the systems you support, how they will scale, and limit the use of short-term workarounds.
- You make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, and are judicious about introducing dependencies. You are efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc.).
- You identify patterns that affect the performance, reliability, or availability of a product or service and drive them out of the system through automation or other technical innovation. You are an excellent diagnostician due to cross-domain understanding of the technology involved in your systems.
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
- Very strong problem solving and coding skills. Bash experience plus knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, JS).
- Experience with Web Development (intermediate in NodeJS, TypeScript, backend frameworks, Frontend with ReactJS)
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, C++, C#).
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Advanced UNIX (preferably Linux) systems engineering skills.
- Knowledge of Industrial Internet of Things (MQTT, Pub/Sub) and core Industrial Control Technologies (ProfiNet, Ethernet/IP, OPC-UA, TCP/IP).
- Experience with AWS services such as DynamoDB, s3, CDK, CloudFormation, RDS, System Manager.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and managing server infrastructure (automated provisioning, remote configuration, etc. ).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and managing in-event conference calls.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Computer Science or equivalent degree, with experience delivering large scale software systems solutions.
About our rewards:
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.