Over the past 20 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of customers and has become the largest internet retailer in the world. Amazon is now reinventing the global supply chain and international e-commerce and is recruiting a senior data engineer to help make this vision a reality. In this role, you will be responsible for the management and improvement of Global Transportation Finance Analytics platform used for reporting and forecasting purposes as well as dataset management. You will get the unique opportunity to work closely with a variety of stakeholders, including Transportation Finance, Controllership, Supply Chain and other Project Management teams. The candidate will also be in charge of driving strategic initiatives to improve financial reporting efficiency, develop new bridging / forecasting tools and establish new key performance metrics where appropriate.
The growth of the business and the increasing complexity of the European transportation network make this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging proposition. The ideal candidate will not only raise the bar on Data engineering skills but demonstrates a strong curiosity to understand the business end-to-end and be comfortable working with ambiguity. The candidate will also have an eye for detail, be proficient/advanced in SQL/DWH/Python and have a knack for solving data and reporting challenges. The role requires to feel comfortable working with and clearly communicating with other functional teams, regionally and globally.
Key job responsibilities
1. Design, implement and support an analytical data infrastructure using AWS technologies
2. Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, and AWS data storage technologies like Aurora, Red Shift etc.
3. Design and develop Analytics applications using modern scripting languages (Python, R, PHP, etc) supporting critical business functions.
3. Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions with a flexible and adaptable data architecture.
4. Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solution
5. Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service modeling and production support for customers.
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience leading and influencing the data strategy of your team or organization
· Advanced SQL and query performance tuning skills.
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 7+ years industry experience
· Experience Communicating to senior management and effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid business acumen, ability to bridge business and tech sides
· Industry experience as a Senior/Lead Data Engineer or related specialty with a track record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large data sets.
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.