Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and excellent interpersonal skills to join the EMEA Prototyping team. This team is a group of hands-on developers supporting AWS customers to build and prototype the first solution adapted to their specific use cases.
This role is highly technical and hands-on, so if you are a passionate developer specialized in IoT technologies who wants to build with our customers scalable, and secure architectures to accelerate their projects on AWS, we would love to have you in our team ! You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS with customers ranging from start-ups to established enterprise customers.
Building on your experience, this role will also allow you to have a significant impact on our team by driving knowledge sharing, architectural best-practices proposals, reusable asset creation, internal talks, and helping new joiners to ramp-up.
The job is based in Luxembourg, but other locations across Europe can be considered. The role will cover the EMEA region, with up to 30% of traveling to customer sites.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with customers to explore their business requirements and understand how AWS can help to address them.
- Architect, design and develop with our customers technical prototypes on AWS to help them learn how they can use AWS services in the best possible way for their use-cases.
- Capture best practices from your customer engagements and proactively share them across the AWS Prototyping community.
- Keep your skills honed in a dynamic world of ever-changing technologies.
- Participate and organize internal activities to help our team improve and grow.
- Identify new cutting-edge domains where our team can invest in the future to best assist our customers.
About the team
Application Prototyping is a team in AWS that is helping customers to develop their use-cases, hands-on keyboard, on AWS throughout a prototype of 4-8 weeks. We help customers with AWS technologies used to build applications on domains such as Serverless, Containers, IoT, Edge Computing, Media Streaming and Security.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience.
- Hands-on skills in multiple of the following languages: Python, Node.js, Rust, C, C++, Java, HTML5;
- Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions.
- Experience in one or more specific IoT industry (i.e. Industrial IoT, Smart Home, Asset Tracking, Smart Utilities, etc.)
- Have a passion for exploring art of the possible and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers. Enjoy keeping your technical knowledge up to date.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing IoT solutions is considered a plus.
- Good understanding of IoT security perimeter practices (e.g Certificate management and rotation, Secure device provisioning, TPMs).
- Track record of implementing applications with AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
- Ability to work with training development and delivery both internally and externally.
- Understanding of serverless technologies and micro-service architectures is highly desired.
- Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or math highly desired.
- AWS Professional Certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Professional) is considered a plus.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.